Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
~ Nelson Mandela
Our mission is to support the educational growth in people with mental illness, fostering a love for learning, and recognize that each person is an individual and learns at their own pace.
Learning is used as a tool for recovery to provide hope, empowerment, self responsibility and a meaningful role. As we work with each member on their educational goals we focus on integrating their interests and strengths and overcoming barriers.
We offer five different tracks in developing an individual educational plan:
- Basic – learning new skills like reading and math
- Academic – studying for GEDs, SATs, college assignment assistance and support
- Career – providing help with resumes, cover letters, job applications and career development
- Computer – training on any computer needs, including basic computer skills and Microsoft Office
- Lifelong learner – anything you want to learn, just for the fun of learning!